Portland Community Media is seeking expressions of interest from qualified multimedia trainers to support its education programs for cable TV producers, digital media creators, nonprofit organizations and community members. PCM offers an ongoing series of courses and workshops in video production, social media and social networking at its center in northeast Portland, and will soon offer training at satellite sites around the city.
Among the courses offered by PCM and its SmartAccess centers are:
• Studio Production
• Field Production
• Nonlinear editing with Final Cut Pro
• Video for the Internet
• Studio Graphics
• Digital Storytelling
• Distribution Beyond Border
• Social Networking Tool
Each trainer works on a per-course contract basis, with no benefits.
Required qualifications. Trainers should have the following:
• Demonstrated experience with small format video production
• An understanding of digital workflow
• The ability to work with diverse learners at multiple levels of proficiency
• Experience teaching or training adult learners
• The ability to advise learners on courses most appropriate to their needs
• The ability to build consensus and group cohesion in a classroom
• The ability to engage learners in the value of community media
• A track record for meeting deadlines
• An understanding of the purpose of community media
Desired qualifications. In addition to the above qualifications, PCM is seeking trainers who:
• Can conduct training in Spanish or other languages spoken by communities in Portland
• Can assist in curriculum design and evaluation
• Hold a certificate in training or education
• Have a bachelor's degree in multimedia production or a closely-related field
If interested, please e-mail a letter of interest and summary of relevant experience to: Mr. Paul Ventura, Director of Multimedia Education, Portland Community Media.,
E-mail: [email protected] No phone calls, please.
This is an ongoing review process and proposals will be reviewed as received.