Tickets for the 6th annual 2009 Portland Jazz Festival are on sale now. The festival runs Feb. 13-22 and celebrates a lifetime of Blue Note Records. Titled "Somethin' Else: Blue Note Records @70," the festival celebrates 70 years of all the artists that have been a part of the legendary record company. Beyond performances, this year's jazz festival features panel discussions with jazz writers, conversations with artists and Blue Note officials, and film screenings of archival Blue Note films. The complete schedule will be released in December. More information is available at www.pdxjazz.com.
Festival packages can be purchased at 133 SW 2nd Avenue, Suite 420, or by calling 503-228-5299. Single tickets can be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets, or at www.pdxjazz.com.
• Friday, February 13, 7:30 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, A Tale of God's Will (Requiem for Katrina) Terence Blanchard Quintet with full orchestra plus Gonzalo Rubalcaba Quintet
• Saturday, February 14, 2:00 pm, Portland Art Museum Ballroom, Joe Lovano's Us5 plus Jacky Terrasson
• Saturday, February 14, 7:30 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Dianne Reeves w/Oregon Symphony
• Saturday, February 14, 9:30 pm, Portland Art Museum Ballroom, John Scofield
• Sunday, February 15, 2:00 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, McCoy Tyner + Joe Lovano Quartet plus Don Byron Ivey-Divey Trio
• Sunday, February 15, 6:30 pm, Hilton Pavilion Ballroom, Lionel Loueke plus Judi Silvano
• Thursday, February 19, 7:30 pm, Old Church, Portland Jazz Orchestra
• Friday, February 20, 7:30 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Cassandra Wilson plus Jason Moran & The Bandwagon
• Saturday, February 21, 2:00 pm, Crystal Ballroom, Bobby Hutcherson plus Lou Donaldson
• Saturday, February 21, 7:30 pm, Newmark Theater, Patricia Barber plus Aaron Parks
• Sunday, February 22, 2:00 pm, Crystal Ballroom, Pat Martino plus Jane Bunnett & The Spirits of Havana