By The Skanner News | The Skanner News Published: 19 January 2022
Getting around on TriMet just got easier with a major update to their website, trimet.org. Released today, the new website features upgrades to trip-planning tools, such as Trip Planner and TransitTracker, aimed at making it effortless for people to get around on our transit system.
Like before, riders can use the site to plan trips quickly and easily. But now, the bulk of the updated homepage is a simple-to-navigate map of TriMet’s service district, with real-time locations of buses and trains shown, giving riders immediate information about nearby service.
- View arrival times for your current location, or for stops and stations: Using a smartphone, instantly see when the next bus or train will be arriving to your current location. Or, on both a smartphone and computer, click any stop or station on the map to see arrival times there.
- Track the real-time locations of vehicles: See where any bus or train is on the map, and follow it as it moves along its route.
- Look ahead: Tap or click on any vehicle to see which line it is, where it’s headed and where it stops.
- Save your favorites: Flag your most-used lines and stops for easy access next time.
- Plan multi-modal trips: Plan a trip using other services that connect to transit, including e-scooters, Uber and BIKETOWN.
- Search better: Find locations in a number of ways. Enter any business name, landmark, address, intersection, stop or Stop ID