By The Skanner News | The Skanner News Published: 14 April 2021
In a released statement, Providence Health & Services acknowledged the profound impact racism has on health and announced its commitment to address these deep systematic injustices. As part of their response to become a more equitable and just organization, the Providence Portland Service Area Advisory Council seeks to fund community organizations that work with and alongside the Black community in the Portland Metro area.
- Flexible funding opportunity for organizations that are led by and serve Black communities in Multnomah, Clackamas and/or Washington Counties. Service must be offered in the counties.
- Funds can be used to support current programs that are difficult to fund or to expand or launch new programs.
- Funds can be directed to meet any need, including administrative, for the applicant organizations.
- Funds requested are capped at $50,000 per organization.
- All programs must align with the Providence Oregon Region Community Health Needs Assessment: applicant should specify the primary focus of funding will be applied to Social Determinants of Health, Access to Care, Mental Health/Wellbeing & Substance Use Disorders and/or Chronic Disease Preventions.
- Applicant organizations must be classified as 501(c)3 or tax-exempt.
- Organization cannot be exclusively dedicated to advocacy, though advocacy can be a component of the organization’s functions.
How to apply
Apply by May 2, 2021 using this online application.
- In the application, be sure to describe what functions of the organization/program(s) will benefit from funding.
- Describe the intended impact of the Black community in the Portland metro area.
- Note that you cannot save the Microsoft Form application after starting. Online applications must be completed in one setting. Many partners find it useful to work on a Microsoft Word document and copy and paste answers into the form.
- Grants will be awarded to 3-5 organizations.
For more information, contact Kyle Roesler at email@example.com