By The Skanner News | The Skanner News Published: 19 March 2021
A conversation about community solutions to violence
Multnomah County Commissioner Susheela JayapalFriday, March 19, 2021, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Join via Zoom: bit.ly/community-solutions-2021
Join District 2 Commissioner Susheela Jayapal at a panel discussion on approaches to addressing community violence from a local and national level, including examples of successful programs that create community safety in places similar to Portland.
In addition to Jayapal, panel members include:
- Nike Greene, Director of Office of Violence Preventions City of Portland
- Erika Preuitt, Director of Multnomah County Department of Community Justice
- Sarah Fast, Community & Adolescent Health Manager Multnomah County Public Health
- Dr. Johnathan Jay, Assistant Professor at Boston University School of Public Health
- Brittany Nieto, Community Violence Program Manager at Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Mike Meade, Director of Local Government Affairs at Everytown for Gun Safety