Hot weather is here, but you can keep cool with Portland Parks & Recreation. Enjoy fountains and neighborhood park splash pads located across the city, as well as swimming pools.
Poet’s Beach, the City of Portland’s Willamette riverfront swimming beach, is now open as well.
Interactive fountains are open during regular park hours. They are great for playing in, but not for drinking. Like a swimming pool, fountains recirculate treated water. Please help us keep the fountains clean for all to enjoy.
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain at Waterfront Park - at SW Ankeny near the Burnside Bridge
- Teachers Fountain at Director Park - 815 SW Park Avenue
- Holladay Park - NE 11th Avenue and Holladay Street
- Grant Park - NE 33rd Avenue and US Grant Place
- Jamison Square - 810 NW 11th Avenue
- McCoy Park - N Trenton Street and Newman Avenue
- Salmon Springs Fountain at Waterfront Park - Naito Parkway at SW Salmon Street
Splash pads are open daily from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, between 11am—7pm.
- Colonel Summer Park - SE 17th Avenue and Taylor Street
- Columbia Park and Annex - N Lombard Street and Woolsey Avenue
- Dawson Park - N Stanton Street and Williams Avenue
- Earl Boyles Park - east of SE 107th Avenue and Francis Street
- Elizabeth Caruthers Park - 3508 SW Moody Avenue
- Essex Park - SE 79th Avenue and Center Street
- Farragut Park - N Kerby Avenue and Farragut Street
- Irving Park - NE 7th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Kenton Park - 8417 N Brandon Avenue – NEW! Now open
- Khunamokwst Park - 5200 NE Alberta Street
- Luuwit View Park - NE 127th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Northgate Park - N Geneva Avenue and Fessenden Street
- Peninsula Park - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
- Pier Park - N Lombard Street and Bruce Avenue
- Raymond Park - SE 118th Avenue and Raymond Street
- Spring Garden Park – 3332 SW Spring Garden Street (park just opened; info is not yet online)
- Woodlawn Park - NE 13th Avenue and Dekum Street
Poet’s Beach, the City of Portland’s Willamette River swimming beach, is open from now through Sunday, August 26, 2018. Poet’s Beach is located in Portland Parks & Recreation’s South Waterfront Park - on the west side of the Willamette River, just north of the I-5 Marquam Bridge. The beach is open daily during park hours (5:00am-midnight). Poet’s Beach is a sandy shore with river access, and an in-water swimming area delineated with a swim line and floats.
Poet’s Beach information is available at portlandoregon.gov/parks/poets.
- The beach does not have lifeguards on duty. Visitors who wish to enter the water do so at their own risk.
- Personal flotation devices (“life jackets”) are allowed, but will not be available to borrow on site.
- No picnic tables or portable restrooms are offered during 2018.
- Permanent restrooms are available a few minutes’ walk or bike north of the beach at South Waterfront Park Garden, 1831 SW River Drive.
- Beach hours are the same as park hours: 5 a.m. - midnight
- The water depth is typically shallow in the area of Poet’s Beach
Come enjoy another fun summer of outdoor swimming and other aquatic activities with Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) Aquatics.
PP&R pool schedules and info are available at portlandoregon.gov/parks/38284.
Outdoor Pools (open for the 2018 summer, through the end of August – dates vary by pool)
- • Creston Pool, 4454 SE Powell Blvd, (503) 823-3672
- • Grant Pool, 2300 NE 33rd Avenue, (503) 823-3674
- • Montavilla Pool,8219 NE Glisan Street, (503) 823-3675
- • Peninsula Pool, 700 N Rosa Parks Way, (503) 823-3677
- • Pier Pool, 9341 N St. Johns Avenue, (503) 823-3678
- • Sellwood Pool, 7951 SE 7th Avenue, (503) 823-3679
- • Wilson Pool, 1151 SW Vermont Avenue, (503) 823-3680
Indoor Pools (open year-round)
- • Columbia Pool, 7701 N Chautauqua Blvd, (503) 823-3669
- • East Portland Pool, 740 SE 106th Avenue, (503) 823-3450
- • Matt Dishman Pool, 77 NE Knott Street, (503) 823-3673
- • Mt. Scott Pool, 5530 SE 72nd Avenue, (503) 823-3183
- • Southwest Pool, 6820 SW 45th Avenue, (503) 823-2840
Portland Parks & Recreation pools also offer open play swims, water exercise classes, junior lifeguard training, junior swim training, summer swim teams, and special events.
For more information on all Aquatics offerings, including how to register for swimming lessons or participate in other summer activities, contact the pool near you, visit the PP&R Aquatics website, or call the Aquatic Administration Office at (503) 823-5130.