Emergency Preparedness Manager, Security Services, Portland Public Schools Published: 30 April 2017
The Pacific Northwest experiences a subduction zone earthquake every 230 years. There is a 37 percent chance of a subduction earthquake occurring in the next 50 years.
When the next one comes, the loss of life and property will likely will catastrophic.
Topics of Discussion:
- The risks and impacts of a Cascadia subduction zone earthquake
- What you can do to prepare in your home, community and school
- For school-aged children
- Age-appropriate preparedness activities for ages K-3
- Roosevelt High School, 6941 N Central St, Portland, OR 97203
- New auditorium, entrance on N. Ida & N. Hudson