Police identified 25-year-old Keaton Dupree Otis as the man killed in Wednesday night's officer involved shooting, but they say they have no photo of him.
While media have pressed police officials for more information on whether Otis was a gang member or had a criminal past, the lack of a photo seems to indicate he has no arrest record. The Skanner News could find no other public mugshot in other databases that would confirm a criminal background.
The medical examiner determined Otis was killed by multiple gunshots, but police have so far not disclosed how many rounds were fired.
Commander Jim Ferraris, at the Gang Violence Task Force meeting Friday morning, said Officer Christopher Burley, who received gunshot wounds in both legs, has been released from the hospital.
"He's doing very well ... He is happy to be alive," Ferraris said.
To view a video of the shooting, shot by a resident of the neighborhood, click on the Oregonian's website (warning: although the video is grainy, it is an uncut video of an actual shooting)