Election season is nearly here and that means citizens will be asked to approve a number of measures. Up for public vote is a combined measure to increase punishments for sex offenders and drunk drivers, an expansion of home loans for veterans, the establishment of a regulated purchasing system for medical marijuana and the creation of a casino in Multnomah County, among others.
Here is a list of all approved measures, with the names of those people who sponsored them:
• Measure 70: Amends Constitution: Expands availability of home ownership loans for Oregon veterans through Oregon War Veterans' Fund. Referred by the state legislature.
• Measure 71: Amends Constitution: Requires legislature to meet annually; limits length of legislative sessions; provides exceptions. Referred by the state legislature
• Measure 72: Amends Constitution: Authorizes exception to $50,000 state borrowing limit for state's real and personal property projects. Referred by the state legislature.
• Measure 73: Requires increased minimum sentences for certain repeated sex crimes, incarceration for repeated driving under influence. Sponsored by James Thompson, Kevin Mannix, and Glenn Pelikan.
• Measure 74: Establishes medical marijuana supply system and assistance and research programs; allows limited selling of marijuana. Sponsored by Anthony Johnson, Alice J. Ivany, and James L. Klahr.
• Measure 75: Authorizes Multnomah County casino; casino to contribute monthly revenue percentage to state for specified purposes. Sponsored by Matthew K. Rossman and Bruce Studer.
• Measure 76: Amends Constitution: Continues lottery funding for parks, beaches, wildlife habitat, watershed protection beyond 2014; modifies funding process. Sponsored by William Thorndike, Jr., Mary Susan Pape, and Brian Booth.