To appear on the King County ballot, all candidates must file a declaration of candidacy online, in-person or by mail no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 5. Mail-in filings must include a notarized declaration of candidacy and the appropriate filing fee. All applications must be in the hands of King County Election officials by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 5.
Secure online filing is available 24 hours a day, beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, June 1, ending at 4 p.m. on Friday, June 5.
Quick tips for candidates filing:
1. Candidate filings will be posted online at noon and by 6 p.m. Monday, June 1 to Friday, June 5, 2009.
2. The filing fee is 1 percent of the position's annual salary. A filing fee is not charged for offices without a fixed annual salary.
3. Candidates filing electronically must pay their filing fees with a MasterCard, Visa or internet bank check. Online transactions will be charged a small convenience fee by the payment processor.
4. All information submitted on the Declaration of Candidacy is public information. Your mailing address, phone number, and campaign email address will be published on the Web.
5. Filing fees are non-refundable. The last day to withdraw a candidate filing is Thursday, June 11 at 4:30 p.m. Withdrawals must be received in writing.
A lot drawing will be conducted on Friday, June 5 at approximately 5 p.m. to determine the order of appearance for candidates on the ballot.
Candidate Filing Resources
* Offices subject to election
* More information can be found at www.kingcounty.gov/elections.
* For candidate filing information, call 206-296-1565