Applications are being accepted for all five sessions of the 2006 Grace Institute Summer Art Camp. Each session will investigate a different aspect of the theme, "Greek Myths and Folk Tales."
The camp, for kids ages 4to12,immerses campers in stories, culture and art and allows them to creatively explore new skills and ideas through music, dance, drama, visual arts, book arts, ceramics, glass and fibre arts.
Each camper is allowed to register for a single session only. The sessions are scheduled as follows:
• Session No. 1, "The Dress That Went Into a Walnut," July 10 to 14.
• Session No. 2, "Cupid and Psyche, July 17 through 21.
• Session No. 3, "The Hero and the Minotaur," July 24 through 28.
• Session No. 4, "The Twelve Months," July 31 through Aug. 4.
• Session No. 5, "King Midas and the Golden Touch," Aug. 7 through 11.
All camp sessions occur at Grace Memorial Episcopal Church, on Northeast Halsey Street between 16th and 17th avenues. A camp session costs $205, and scholarships are available. Application materials can be downloaded from www.grace-institute.com or picked up at the church, 1535 N.E. 17th Ave.