South Seattle Community College is offering a variety of full-year resident tuition scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year to graduating high school seniors. The application deadline is 4 p.m., Monday, March 2, 2009.
- Graduate from high school in Spring 2009.
- Plan to attend South full-time (12 credits or more/quarter) in 2009-10.
- Display academic excellence and /or financial need.
- Show evidence of exceptional leadership and/or involvement in school and community activities.
- Explain need for financial assistance in personal letter.
Undocumented students who meet HB 1079 criteria for in-state, resident tuition status are eligible to apply.
All applicants must submit a completed application form, one letter of recommendation, copy of high school transcript through Fall semester, 2008, and a personal letter. Scholarship recipients will be required to meet minimum performance standards in order to retain their scholarship.
Application is available online at http://www.southseattle.edu/foundation/scholarships/hs_app7-24-08.pdf. Call 206 764-5809 for additional information.