Looking for a warm, friendly place to spend Thanksgiving? Check out these places to go for a free or discounted Thanksgiving meal. Happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, Nov. 26:
• Genesis Community Fellowship, 5425 NE 27th Ave., 6 to 9 p.m.
• Portland Rescue Mission, Burnside shelter, 111 W. Burnside St. Served at 5:30 p.m. First come, first served.
• Sisters of the Road, 133 N.W. 6th Ave. Join the Sisters and friends for a Soul Food Thanksgiving, which will be served from 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. $1.50 for meal and drink.
Thursday, Nov. 27:
• Loaves and Fishes Centers that will be serving Thanksgiving Meals include:
Beaverton Loaves & Fishes Center, 5550 SW Hall Blvd., Beaverton
Belmont Loaves & Fishes Center, 4610 SE Belmont, Portland
Elm Court Loaves & Fishes Center, 1032 SW Main St., Portland
North Plains Loaves & Fishes Center, 31450 NW Commercial, North Plains
Tigard Loaves & Fishes Center, 8815 SW O'Mara, Tigard
Vancouver Salvation Army, 1500 NE 112th Ave., Vancouver, Wash.
• Snowcap at Rockwood Community Methodist Church, 17805 S.E. Stark St. Meal will be served from Noon to 2 p.m.
• St. Andrew's Community Center, 806 N.E. Alberta Ave. Meal to be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 7600 N. Hereford Ave. Meal served from 1 to 4 p.m. (The center is two blocks east of Portsmouth, one block north of Lombard).
• St. Francis Dining Hall, 330 S.E. 11th Ave. Meal to be served at 3 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 28:
• Blanchet House of Hospitality, 340 N.W. Glisan St. Noon to 2 p.m.