For the first time in at least 15 years, the Self Enhancement Incormporated "Midgets" won the Northwest Regional Junior Baseball Organization State Championship. The Division Championship Game was won with two towering homeruns from Tommy Waters and Trey Simmons with a score of 8 (SEI Midgets) to 4 ( West Albany Bulldogs).
"The boys came out to compete every day," said SEI Midgets Head Coach, Anthony Deloney. "They are mentally tougher than many adults I've competed with. They were great on the field, but more importantly they represented themselves off the field -- always living by the SEI standards."
Coaches Mike Belcha, Damon Hickok, and Aanen Trelstad round out the team's leadership.
In addition to the State Championship, the SEI Midgets won the Sportsmanship Award for exemplary behavior on and off the field. The Sportsmanship Awards is shared by players, parents, coaches and fans. The prestigious honor is awarded by JBO umpires, score keepers, and tournament staff. Junior Baseball Organization, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides the ability for youth from all communities to play organized baseball. JBO offers each child, regardless of skill level, an opportunity to compete in baseball against other players of similar skill and age.
Self Enhancement Incorporated's stated values and goals. For more information go to www.selfenhancement.org .
The SEI Standards:
Our standards are founded upon the principles of integrity and respect. Integrity, because integrity exemplifies truthfulness, modesty, and trustworthiness. Respect, because respect exemplifies courtesy, honor, and reverence.
1. Greet each other every day with a smile and a handshake to strengthen the relationship between us.
2. Honor and respect each other, so we address one another with proper language and speech.
3. Value the space of ourselves and others and are careful not to intrude or injure each other.
4. Be mindful of what is true, and strive to be honest in word and deed.
5. Treasure our rich culture and hold the cultures of all people in high regard.
6. Strive to reflect our beauty both inwardly in our understanding and outwardly in our appearance.
At SEI, success is truly a product of pervasive, positive influences, and we embrace them all. We raise the bar. We teach genuine values. We provide positive support and encouragement. We work hard. We lead by example. We strive for greatness. We do all of these things because the only way to achieve success is to promote a culture of success, and to celebrate it on a daily basis.