Brent Williams, a financial professional with AXA Advisors, LLC in Bellevue, has earned a Certificate in Retirement Planning from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Williams, who graduated with a master's in Organization and Business Management from Stanford University is one of only 500 financial professionals nationwide to complete this retirement planning education program.
The program involved 50 hours of intensive study taught by 10 Wharton School faculty members led by Dr. Olivia Mitchell, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans Professor of Insurance and Risk Management at The Wharton School.
Topics covered included:
• Understanding the Retirement Marketplace;
• Identifying, Mitigating and Insuring Retirement Risks;
• Qualified and Non-Qualified Plans and their Roles in Retirement Planning;
• Medicare and Social Security – Dealing with Institutional Risk;
• Asset Allocation and Diversification;
• Real Estate in the Retirement Portfolio;
• Estate Planning and Tax Issues in Retirement.
Williams, who lives in Issaquah, works with families and businesses to help them define and reach their retirement goals.